- WinemakerDelphine & Sylvain
- RegionRhone Valley
- VineyardLes Cotes Saint-Joseph
Domaine Blachon Saint-Joseph Rouge La Cote Cuvee Hommage Roger Blachon 2017
We love this wine with unbridled enthusiasm (and the head-spinning price, of course!). We can’t wait to gush bout it, so here’s a few highlights:
- Nose: Exotic Spice Rack, Perfume, Mineral
- Gorgeous, Precise and High-Toned Aromas
- Black Cherry, Sweet Herbs, Tobacco Leaf, Sandalwood
- Super Floral
- Violets and More Violets, Lavender, Pastille, Earth
- Very Mineral, hints of Savory
- Palate: A Super Elegant St. Joseph Despite Its Ripeness
- Juicy Black Fruits, Dense, Ripe, more Mineral and Spice
- Dark Fruited, But So Utterly Fresh and Vivid
- Super Fine and Lingering Tannins
Located in Mauves, the tenderloin of the sprawling appellation, Domaine Blachon is all about location. These steep, terraced hillside vineyards overlook the Rhone river and produce classic expressions of Syrah. The Blachons have been bottling Syrah since before World War I from their exemplary and archetypal vineyards. Roger Blachon took on responsibility for his parents' vines in the 1970s. Roger refocused on staying regional and producing small batches of premium quality wines. Roger passed away in 2006, and the estate transitioned to his children, Delphine and Sylvain, who are the 5th generation of inspiring vignerons carrying on his legacy. They created today’s wine “Cuvee Hommage Roger Blachon” in his honor.
No reviews to support our enthusiasm here, but trust us, this is an incredible deal! $119.70 a six pack with ground shipping included! Dont miss...!
PAIRING IDEAS: Lamb chops are perfect, of course. Here is a good recipe that adds a bit of an Asian touch to it, which is fun with all the rich, peppery, awesome Syrah.
MUSIC SUGGESTIONS: Why not listen to a podcast about Saint-Joseph? The legendary Jean Gonon talks to Levi Dalton on this podcast. Or Google “I’ll Drink To That” on Apple.