There’s a wealth of ripe and rich dark plums and berries on offer here with a regal array of plush, velvety tannins that have great length and power. Precision and balance. Certainly among the best wines in 2016.
The 2016 Château Faurie de Souchard is another terrific wine from the Dassult team. A deep purple/ruby color is followed by a ripe, slightly modern styled beauty that has loads of cassis and black raspberry fruit, a full-bodied, seamless mouthfeel, ripe tannins, and the purity of fruit and balance that makes this vintage so compelling. It shows more spice and floral notes with time in the glass, has beautifully integrated oak, and the depth and length to cruise for two decades. This cuvée is 70% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Cabernet Sauvignon, aged in 75% new oak, with the balance in once-used barrels.
Medium to deep garnet-purple in color, the 2016 Faurie de Souchard reveals crushed raspberries, warm red and black cherries and chocolate box scents with hints of wood smoke, tilled soil and dried herbs. Medium-bodied and wonderfully elegant in the mouth, it has exquisitely ripe tannins and just enough freshness to support the delicate flavors, finishing perfumed.
Blend70% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Cabernet Sauvignon
Shop All Wines Chateau Faurie de Souchard Saint-Emilion Grand Cru 2016
Chateau Faurie de Souchard Saint-Emilion Grand Cru 2016
Proprietary Blends | France
JS94, JD94, WA93+
$44.95 | 750mL
Too late, we are SOLD OUT!
Marcel Dassault, a visionary captain of industry, bought Chateau Couperie in 1955 on an impulse. He gave his own name to the property and put everything in place to make it a famous classed growth, yet it still flies a bit below the radar -- good for all of us savvy Bordeaux drinkers, right?
Rich and well-structured, this will be a long ager and one of those wines that will deliver big time no matter when you decide to open it!
Read all the gushing press reviews below...but we only have about 19 CASES today...while it lasts!
PAIRING IDEAS: If you drink it young...BBQ, burgers, or my fave, steak tartare (super easy to make and still feels wicked-fancy). Older? Do lamb or duck.
MUSIC SUGGESTIONS: The new Black Keys album "Delta Kream" is out...turn it up LOUD!!
About the Producer
Marcel Dassult, a visionary captain of industry, bought Chateau Couperie in 1955 on an impulse. He gave his own name to the property and put everything in place to make it a famous classed growth. Over the years, the properties owned by Dassault Wine Estates have increased to nearly fifty hectares and now form one of the largest vineyard holdings in Saint-Emilion. In 2013, Chateau Faurie de Souchard, a Saint-Emilion Grand Cru Classe, further enhances the Dassault Wine Estates collection.