Skip to main content

Buy any 6 Bottles and get Free Ground Shipping

Elyse Winery Zinfandel Korte Ranch Vineyard St. Helena Napa Valley 2013 (Magnum 1.5L)  - First Bottle

Reviews

90 Wine Enthusiast -
From a ranch planted many decades ago, this wine includes mixed blacks such as Grand Noir and Carignane, adding juicy red and black fruit to the mix. Smoke, cinnamon and leather highlights are kept firm by an integrated tannic structure. — Virginie Boone

Technical Details

  • Blend89% Zinfandel, Remaining 11% is a combination of Petite Sirah, Carignane, Valdiguie and Grand Noir
  • WinemakerRay Coursen
  • CountryUS
  • RegionCalifornia
  • AppellationSt. Helena, Napa Valley
  • VineyardKorte Ranch Vineyard
  • OakAmerican oak (25% new oak)
  • Aging/Cooperage10 1/2 Months
  • Brix at Harvest25.2 and 25.5
  • Harvest DateSeptember 9 and 11, 2013
  • Alcohol14.3%
  • Production1316 cases

Elyse Winery Zinfandel Korte Ranch Vineyard St. Helena Napa Valley 2013 (Magnum 1.5L)

Zinfandel  |  US
WE90

58% off retail!
Hurry! Only 1 Left!
Korte Ranch is located just north of the town of St. Helena along the Napa River on Ehlers Lane. It is truly one of the most distinctive and classic Zinfandel vineyards left in Napa Valley with the vines we source from being a minimum of 70 years old. It has been family owned for four generations and was a bonded winery before prohibition. The gnarly old head trained, dry farmed vines are planted where the eastern and western hillsides meet. This beautiful property is perfectly suited for high quality grape growing from the cool morning and nighttime temperatures to the loose soils of rocky loam which help make wine of unique and bold character.

About the Producer

Elyse Winery, nestled in the heart of Napa Valley, has a compelling history that reflects a passion for winemaking and a commitment to producing exceptional wines. Established in 1987 by Ray and Nancy Coursen, the winery quickly gained recognition for its dedication to crafting wines that express the unique character of Napa's diverse terroirs. Ray Coursen, with a background in vineyard management and winemaking, brought his expertise to Elyse, focusing on small-lot, handcrafted wines. The winery's portfolio has become renowned for its Zinfandels, Cabernet Sauvignons, and other varietals, each showcasing the depth and richness of the Napa Valley region. Elyse Winery's commitment to quality and authenticity has solidified its place in the vibrant tapestry of Napa Valley winemaking, making it a destination for wine enthusiasts seeking a genuine and memorable tasting experience. Now, with Russel Bevan and the winemaking helm, these wines are better than ever. Not to miss!