- BlendCabernet Sauvignon
- WinemakerAlberto Bianchi & Philippe Melka
- RegionCalifornia North Coast
- AppellationHowell Mountain
- VineyardAdamvs Estate
- Farming MethodCertified Biodynamic
- Aging/Cooperage22 months 75% new French oak
ADAMVS Premiere Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Howell Mountain 2018
Premiere Napa Valley is a bit like the World Cup – all the best producers are there, assembling their best rosters that are sure to impress. We love this event and are always on the lookout for something truly special...but this was by far the best find...EVER!
Case in point, this exceptional 10-case production (!) of ADAMVS’ prestigious estate cabernet sauvignon. Philippe Melka has been their consulting winemaker from the very first vintage. They’ve built a first-class estate with state-of-the-art winemaking, grape growing, and hospitality facilities that spare no expense. These wines virtually never exist in the retail world, sold almost exclusively to their mailing list and club members. In fact, they rarely participate in PNV, so we were just gobsmacked when we won the bidding on this lot! It just arrived, and we can’t wait to share this with our loyal First Bottle faithful. Here’s the winery’s description straight from our PNV catalog on auction night.
- Sourced from the most perfect barrels of one of our most exquisite vintages to date
- Exclusively from the ADAMVS Howell Mountain nested appellation estate, farmed organically and biodynamically
- Reflecting the highest elevation blocks at 2,000 feet, comprised of iron-rich red volcanic soils
- 100% cabernet sauvignon crafted with minimal intervention for the ultimate expression of the site
If you’ve never heard of these folks, that’s ok...actually, that’s more or less their intention. These folks are long-time wine collectors who made their fortunes elsewhere. They spent much of their free time traveling the world’s greatest wine regions and now, they are the proud owners of two Bordeaux estates (Château Fonplégade in Saint Emilion and Château L’Enclos in Pomerol), as well as this flagship estate on Howell Mountain that they purchased in 2010.
This wine is just guaranteed to impress...one of Napa’s most famous winemakers, and a selection of the very best barrels from one of Napa’s all-time great vintages. This is as close to perfection as you can get! Put it this way… the wine that DIDN’T MAKE THE CUT for this lot became their NEARLY $500 ADAMVS 2018 cabernet bottling (which has a 97-100 SCORE from Jeb Dunnuck). Surely, this would be a 100 pointer...it’s only logical, right? Only 10 cases made!!!! So, do we price this at $700? $800? C’mon, we’re First Bottle!!! Yours today for ONLY $299. Yes, we’ve clearly gone mad. Lucky you!